THIS AGREEMENT is effective on the date Supplier registers as a supplier on the KWIPPED website and is between Supplier and KWIPPED, Inc., a North Carolina corporation with its principal place of business at 228 North Front St. Suite 301 Wilmington, NC 28401 ("KWIPPED").
WHEREAS, KWIPPED operates an on-line marketplace (the "Website") where potential equipment renters can request bids from potential equipment suppliers for the rental of equipment;
WHEREAS, Supplier desires to be listed on the Website as a supplier of its equipment for rent and desires to participate in bids for leasing of its equipment to potential renters;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the promises hereinafter made by the parties hereto, it is agreed as follows:
- Distribution Right. The Supplier hereby grants KWIPPED, Inc. ("KWIPPED") the nonexclusive right to list the equipment identified by Supplier ("Equipment") for rent on KWIPPED's on-line marketplace (the "Website"). Supplier represents and warrants that this grant of promotion rights will not conflict with any other promotion or distribution rights that Supplier has otherwise granted or any other agreement to which Supplier is a party.
- Listing Equipment for Rent. Supplier may list its Equipment for rent on the Website either by submitting bids through KWIPPED's bidding system (described more fully in Section 2(a) below) or by uploading to the Website Equipment available for rent (described more fully in Section 2(b) below).
- Bid System. Upon receipt by KWIPPED through the Website of a request from a potential renter for a quote on the rental of equipment of the type that Supplier has included in its profile registered with KWIPPED, KWIPPED will forward such request to Supplier at the contact information on file with KWIPPED. Supplier understands and agrees that such referrals are not exclusive to Supplier, and will be sent to all suppliers registered with KWIPPED who have such equipment available for rent unless the request originates directly from Supplier's profile on the KWIPPED website. Promptly following receipt of the request for a quote, Supplier may submit a quote to the potential renter through the Website.
- Equipment Upload. Supplier may also upload to the Website information about the Equipment that it has available to rent, along with a rental rate, for potential renters to review. Supplier will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain up-to-date information on its Equipment available for rent through the Website.
- Rental Agreement. Supplier agrees to use the form rental agreement available on the Website with all renters of Equipment. Supplier acknowledges that it has had the form rental agreement reviewed by its own counsel and has determined it is appropriate for Supplier.
- Billing and Collection.
- Rental Payment and Fees. Supplier acknowledges and agrees that all rental payments made by renters under the terms of the form rental agreement will be billed and collected by KWIPPED using credit card information provided by each renter. Supplier further understands and agrees that KWIPPED is only providing billing and collection services to Supplier, and is not a party to the rental agreement between Supplier and renters nor responsible for any obligations of Supplier or renters under the rental agreement. Upon receipt of rental payment from a renter, KWIPPED will pay to Supplier the rental fee set forth in the rental agreement, less the service charge payable to KWIPPED in an amount specified in Supplier's account profile registered with KWIPPED. Payments to Supplier will be made by KWIPPED within 14 days of receipt of the rental payment from each renter.
- Cancellations, Disputes and Chargebacks. Supplier shall be responsible for all cancellations by Renter of Equipment Rentals, and resolving all disputes with Renters related to rental payments for Equipment rentals, including any chargebacks that may occur with respect to Renters' credit card companies. KWIPPED shall use commercially reasonable efforts to assist Supplier with respect to any cancellations, disputes and chargebacks. Supplier shall refund to KWIPPED any payments made for Equipment rentals that are subject to any cancellation, the successful dispute of the charges by a Renter, or subject to any chargeback of such payment by a Renter, and, if requested by KWIPPED, Supplier agrees to provide to KWIPPED Supplier's credit card information and authorizes KWIPPED to charge Supplier's credit card for all refunds due KWIPPED resulting from cancellations, disputes or chargebacks related to rentals of Supplier's Equipment.
- Non-circumvention of Service Charge Obligation. Supplier will not accept payment directly from any renter to whom it is introduced through the Website, and Supplier will not use the Website to solicit direct contact between Supplier and renters outside of the Website. Supplier agrees that KWIPPED shall be entitled to its service charge on all violations of this Section 4 in addition to any other remedies available to KWIPPED.
- KWIPPED Reservation of Rights. KWIPPED retains the right to determine the content, appearance, design, functionality and all other aspects of the Website (including the right to re-design, modify, remove and alter the content, appearance, design, functionality, and other aspects of the Website and any element, aspect, portion or feature thereof, from time to time). KWIPPED, in its sole discretion, may withhold for investigation, refuse to process, and/or cancel any of Supplier's rental transactions.
- Right to Use Trademarks and Tradenames. Supplier hereby authorizes KWIPPED to use, reuse, and to grant others the right to use and reuse, without any further compensation to Supplier, the trademarks, tradenames and logos of Supplier in any media now known or developed in the future. Such uses will be in a customary and commercially reasonable manner for marketing, promotional and other purposes reasonably related to the Website and business of KWIPPED and its affiliates, in the good faith judgment of KWIPPED as to each such use.
- Title to Equipment. Supplier shall retain title to all Equipment and the parties agree that the title to any Equipment shall never be in the name of KWIPPED nor shall KWIPPED ever take possession of any Equipment.
- Equipment Warranty and Indemnity. Supplier warrants to KWIPPED that any Equipment rented through the Website will be fully operational and free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and service for the period of any rental. Supplier agrees that with respect to any shipping services that Supplier may engage through the KWIPPED White Glove Shipping solution as described on the Website, that KWIPPED has no liability to Supplier or renter using such shipping solution, and that a Supplier's sole remedy with respect to the shipping solution is with the shipping company providing the shipping. Supplier shall indemnify and defend KWIPPED and its affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, attorneys and agents(the "KWIPPED Indemnified Parties"), and hold each of them harmless from and against any and all actual out-of-pocket losses, damages, claims, demands, expenses, fines, penalties, suits and liabilities, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees ("Liabilities") that the KWIPPED Indemnified Parties shall incur or suffer arising out of, relating to, or resulting from rental of Equipment by Supplier to any renter or use of the form rental agreement or use of the White Glove Shipping solution. If any claim is commenced against a KWIPPED Indemnified Party for which such party is entitled to indemnification hereunder, notice of the claim shall be given to Supplier as promptly as practicable. If, after such notice, Supplier shall acknowledge that this Section applies with respect to such claim, then Supplier shall be entitled, if it so elects, in a notice promptly delivered to the KWIPPED Indemnified Party, but in no event less than fifteen (15) days prior to the date on which a response to such claim is due, to immediately take control of the defense and investigation of such claim and to employ and engage attorneys reasonably acceptable to the KWIPPED Indemnified Party to handle and defend the same, at the Supplier's sole cost and expense. The KWIPPED Indemnified Party shall cooperate, at the cost of Supplier, in all reasonable respects with Supplier and its attorneys in the investigation, trial and defense of such claim and any appeal arising therefrom; provided, however, that the KWIPPED Indemnified Party may, at its own cost and expense, participate, through its attorneys or otherwise, in such investigation, trial and defense of such claim and any appeal arising therefrom. No settlement of a claim pursuant to this Section that involves a remedy other than the payment of money by the Supplier and the full release of the KWIPPED Indemnified Party shall be entered into without the consent of the KWIPPED Indemnified Party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. If Supplier does not assume full control over the defense of a claim as provided in this Section, Supplier may participate in such defense, at its sole cost and expense, and the KWIPPED Indemnified Party shall have the right to defend the claim in such manner as it may deem appropriate, at the cost and expense of Supplier.
- Insurance. Supplier shall carry all insurance coverage and amounts reasonably required by, and commensurate with, a company operating and renting equipment in Supplier's industry, including without limitation general commercial liability insurance. If requested by KWIPPED, Supplier shall (i) name KWIPPED as an Additional Insured under such coverage, and (ii) provide to KWIPPED a Certificate of Insurance documenting such coverage, by uploading such Certificate to KWIPPED through the Website.
- Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OTHER THAN FOR INDEMNIFICATION CLAIMS PURSUANT TO SECTION 8, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR DATA, INCURRED, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT OR TORT OR BASED ON A WARRANTY, IN CONNECTION WITH OR UNDER THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Resolution of Customer Complaints; Supplier Standards. If KWIPPED receives any complaints from a renter with respect to any Equipment, KWIPPED shall promptly forward such complaint to Supplier. Supplier agrees to use its best efforts to resolve the complaint expeditiously. Supplier further understands and has reviewed the Standards of Conduct for Suppliers. Supplier agrees to use its best commercial efforts to meet or exceed the Standards of Conduct at all times, and understands that KWIPPED will solicit renter reviews of Supplier's performance and may remove Supplier from KWIPPED's list of eligible suppliers for any failure to meet such Standards or based on adverse renter reviews.
- The term of this Agreement shall commence on the date Supplier registers with KWIPPED, and may be terminated by either party upon ten (10) days' notice to the other.
- Upon termination of this Agreement all further rights and obligations of the parties shall cease, except that (i) Supplier shall fulfill any Equipment rentals obtained through the Website that are in effect as of the termination date, (ii) KWIPPED shall pay Supplier monies due Supplier through the termination date, and for rentals continued under subsection (i) after the termination date, and (iii) each party shall fulfill any other obligation set forth in this Agreement which is to take effect after the date of termination.
- Notice or Communication. Any notice or communication required or permitted hereunder (other than notices of options to bid on rentals, which shall be sent via e-mail) shall be in writing and shall be sent by registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid or by overnight delivery with a nationally recognized overnight courier and, if sent to Supplier, sent to the contact information in Supplier's account profile with KWIPPED, and if sent to KWIPPED, to 228 North Front St. Suite 301 Wilmington, NC 28401, attention President. Any such notice or communication mailed via registered mail or by overnight courier shall be deemed delivered and effective when actually delivered and an adult signature is obtained.
- Independent Contractors. The parties are independent contractors, this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture, and neither party shall have any right, power or authority in any way to act as agent of or bind the other party except as expressly stated in this Agreement.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign this agreement without the written consent of the other party.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior understandings of the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. Any amendment or modification of this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be executed by duly authorized representatives of each party in the same manner as this Agreement. The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any one or more such provisions are determined to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, under the laws of any jurisdiction, the remaining provisions or portions hereof shall, nevertheless, be binding on and enforceable by and between the parties hereto.
- Applicable Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of North Carolina, irrespective of any conflicts of law rules related thereto. The parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts sitting in Wilmington, North Carolina. The parties waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-conveniens, and accept service of all summons, complaints, and other process of such court(s).