Lensometers are equipped with the features that allow them to read any kind of data relating to the eyes or eye treatment. It can read eyeglass prescriptions, contact lens prescriptions, detect errors, and help make better measurements for eye care and treatment. Most lensometers run on LED light, making for an efficient and painless detection system. Other features of lensometers include:
- Ergonomic design for long-time use
- Accurate measurement making abilities
- Maintenance-free devices
- Ability to eliminate subjective readings of eyes
- Help to limit or altogether eliminate operator error
- Lens strengthening capabilities
Lensometers are equipped with features that can allow the ophthalmologist to equip eyeglass frames, and read prescription data more accurately to ensure that the patient is receiving the right type of care. Lensometers are made to read the strength of glasses quickly and painlessly.